This is, believe it or not, the first time I bought and ate a Starfruit! Here he shines in my crudite’ with guacamole. Sounds odd but I’ll eat anything with guacamole.
I used the rest of him in an eggplant stew to add a bit of tart sweetness to the pot. Very good. That is a dragon fruit underneath of him. I wasn’t impressed by the dragon fruit as much as my fiancée was. I like the beautiful color of it but not much in the flavor department in my opinion.
Yum Food!! Yum Art!!
© [Jay Mora-Shihadeh] and [artistfromtheinsideout.wordpress.com], . Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, artwork, or photo’s without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to [Jay Mora-Shihadeh] and [artistfromtheinsideout.wordpress.com] with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Haiku: Dreaming Of Exotic Fruits… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- the dragon fruit (sunandglory.com)
- Passion Fruit Ice Cream drizzled with Coconut Honey Over a Slice of Dragon Fruit. (thisladyiscold.wordpress.com)
- Guacamole, Guacamole Recipe & Guacamole Dip | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Gridiron Grub: Southwestern Guacamole (denver.cbslocal.com)
- September 16 – National Guacamole Day (budgetcouponcooking.wordpress.com)
- Avocado to Guacamole (missjennylee.wordpress.com)
- Guacamole Burgers (afreckleintime.wordpress.com)
One of the joys of living in Florida is the abundance of fruit. Love star fruit, never had Dragon fruit. I like the way it looks though!
I now love Starfruit too! Dragon fruit not so much. Pretty though.